Friday, May 25, 2007

We Made Butter






Kaitlin has been after me for sometime to let her make home made butter, so this afternoon I finally gave in. It took less than an hour for the three of us (Kaitlin, Jonathan and me) to shake shake shake our way into delicious home made butter. It is delicious and it was well worth it.
We used 2 cups of heavy whipping cream in a cleaned out pickle jar. We added a large (clean) marble to make the churning go faster (and believe me it made a big difference). Then we shook and shook and jumped up and down and shook some more until finally we had butter. We had to drain the buttermilk and voila! As you can see, we enjoyed our snack on some delicious crackers. Better yet, we are about to enjoy some more! We are in for a fun summer.
For my sister's take on this entire event, check out her blog at http://www.lonestarcasiesrandomroundup.blogspot.com/

No comments: