Thursday, July 5, 2007

Another One







I need to look back over the blog to get a count of snakes so far. Today Charles got one and lost 2. He's out looking for the bandits right now. Here are a few pictures of the very pregnant snake that he killed this afternoon along with it's rattler (I usually forget to take a picture of that). This one had seven.


I am sparing you the picture of the snake guts. Anyone ready to come visit? Notice you have not seen a picture of me with a snake. Let's hope you don't!

3 comments:

CDJ said...

ok, so these are OUTDOOR snakes, right? I mean, they don't know about dryer vents, AC ducts, or hinged screen doors? I'm worried, friend. Do you have a "Charles is not here" plan for snake disposal?
let me know...

Rebecca said...

Girl, you need a big, well-bred German Shepherd. Those dudes won't let ANYTHING in their yard, and if you get it from a good breeder, it'll be totally trustworthy with the kids. We had those growing up in Mississippi with the copperheads and cottonmouths coming out of the pond all the time and into our yard. I used to have snake dreams all the time where the yard was just seething with them, but our dog always saved the day. But I guess as long as Charles is happy. . . :)

jessy said...

These snake pictures are giving me the willies. Time for a new post!