Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Climbing A Mountain

Charles and Kaitlin hiking up the mountain. My two adventurers.
Charles about half way up the mountain with his walking stick.
K, J and me at the top. Jonathan rode in a really cool jeep to get to the top:).
Charles at the top! This man still takes my breath away, I tell you. (Even if we did get seperated on the mountain, and I panicked thinking he was hurt somewhere. No wonder - the man actually hoped to find a snake going up the mountain. He was even looking under rocks!)
Here's Kaitlin and Charles at the top! This was right out on the edge. Made me very nervous!!!
Sunday we hiked up this mountain with our youth group. To be honest, some might call this a very large hill with a gravel path, but it was still a feat (and it's technical name is Mountain). It was a beautiful view. I wish I had taken more pictures, but as Kaitlin said, "Mommy, you have been very brave for someone that is afraid of climbing and high things." She also said, "Mommy, I am braver than you at lots of things...six flags, getting on the roof, climbing a mountain." Lol. Yep, she's right! She is a very brave girl!
This was our adventure weekend. We also experimented with Mentos and Diet Coke. I'll try to load up some of those pictures later today. There are only two that aren't great, but it was fun:)
I haven't kept up with my blog very well lately. At a minimum, I am slightly overwhelmed with everything going on here at the Glidewell house. The semester will be over in one more month, and surely we will all survive that long!

No comments: