Sunday, February 24, 2008

Update

12:45 (last night) Set up humidifier for coughing Charles and go to living room to try to sleep.
1:00 Jonathan wakes up coughing and gagging
Give Jonathan Benadryl
Try Vicks
Give him gatorade
make him into a blanket burrito b/c he's cold
Rub his back for the millionth time
2:00 Try to lay down in the recliner
Try to get comfortable this way and that way
3:00 Jonathan wakes back up
I realize that I haven't slept well for a week, and I just might be dillusional
I watch an episode of Everybody Loves Raymond - the one where they flash back to the wedding in Season 2.
6:45 The alarm is going off in the bedroom. Does Charles not know how to turn it off? Oh, there he goes.
6:50 He hit snooze, it's going off again
6:55 More alarm
7:00 He gets up. Phew.
7:05 Charles is in the shower and the alarm is going off. I go turn it off and crawl in bed.
7:10 Full sun, the kids are up. "Mom, can we have pudding for breakfast?" I say, "Sure" and roll over and go back to sleep.

Kaitlin certainly seems better this morning. Jonathan is still coughing and laying around.

1 comment:

CDJ said...

Are ya hangin' in there? I'm so sorry this has been a tough week. And for the record: You do NOT suck...unless you have a peppermint in your mouth. You're a great mom. I hope all of you are feeling better soon.