Sunday, March 2, 2008

20 pounds

It occured to me today that I am exactly 20 pounds heavier than the day I met my husband.
Last night Charles came back from the store and in his best and cutest baby voice proclaimed, "I brought you some prizes". This usually excites me to no end, but I whined - "Honey, I'm trying to loose weight, and you know I have no self control!" He replied, "But I love you, and here is triple chocolate ice cream and two dark chocolate dove bars!" OYE! Turns out, I don't actually like triple chocolate ice cream that much, but the Dove bars are long gone! I have no will power. He also bought a 12 pack of delicious root beer! For the love of Mike!
I notice I can't study without eating! It's an issue! I am also (just for the record) only 5 pounds lighter than what I weighed when I delivered my children! (Right before - not after) I certainly can't blame my kids for any weight I have. In fact, I have gained 30 pounds since not long after J was born (when I actually didn't weigh enough). If I didn't have so much studying to do tonight I might excercise (that is called kidding myself, people!)
Now, I don't want to loose all 20 pounds - just about 7 of them. That seems fair enough to me.
I think my main concern is my cholestrol. I have a serious family history of BAD cholestrol. My sister eats healthier than anyone I know and weighs roughly the same as a dime and even she has had problems with it.
Dang, that dark chocolate dove bar was delicious. I wonder if we have ice. I'm going to make myself a root beer!

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

Oh, girl, if you decide to lose weight, it's only a matter of time. You're the most organized, can-do female I've ever met.