Friday, March 28, 2008

A Cleaner



My sweet little boy - I can't say enough how precious this kid is to me...and for a thousand reasons. One endearing thing about this kid is that he is neat. I don't mean "neat" as in "one cool cat" (although that he is), but as in tidy. He puts the lids back on the markers (usually) and he actually desires clean. Now yes, this is the same kid that uses half the hand soap in one sitting and had toothpaste on the back of his head. He is a 4 year old boy after all! But he actually wants to be tidy most of the time.
Last night he kept saying, ok Mommie how else can I clean? I let him clean the table off, sweep, wipe off the cabinets...."Ok mommie, what next?" I love that kid. Then he said, "Mommie, if I clean and clean, maybe one day I'll be a cleaner just like you!" Ha. If the kid only knew he's already a better housekeeper than I;)
Then I ran out of things for him to clean so I suggested calling Nana. This kid isn't much of a talker ...UNTIL he's ready. He talked for an hour. At one point he was walking around giving a phone tour of our house. "And this is our heating pad. We call it a heating pad, because it is like a pad and it gets hot. And in the kitchen we have pots hanging from the ceiling...." I'm so glad my parents have a hands free for their phone!

Today I am subbing in the library (one of my favorite things to do). I went and got Kaitlin for lunch. We went through the line and brought our trays to the library. She thinks this is uber cool, I tell you. We laughed and giggled until she fell out of her chair. She isn't tidy by any means, but man that kid is so much F-U-N! Tonight is the GA sleepover (aren't I brave for chaperoning!!!) She hasn't stopped talking about it all week. It is fun for her to be so excited!

It has been quite a day here in the library including a power outage and loads of new books to label and clean sticky spots off of, etc. I'm going to get back to work. Have a super weekend, and think about me sleeping on the floor tonight;)

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

You brave, brave soul! Sleeping on the floor, no less. You're such a cool mom. And you got cool kids on top of everything!