Monday, March 31, 2008

Jonathan has decided he's growing "prickles". To him that means little tiny beard whiskers that make the kids say, "Daddy, you need to shave! You have prickles!" They're growing in on the sides he says.



Kaitlin asked me what I would choose for her to be when she grows up. Of course I gave her the "you can be anything you want to be..." speech. She said, "I know, but what would you choose." I had to think about it. She is like her daddy - she really could be just about anything. I told her I would have to think abou that one. I finally told her that whatever she does, I think she should also write books. She has such a creative mind, and she has made up elaborate stories and songs since she could talk. The defining "she's gonna be an author" moment for me was when she was four and we were feeding the ducks at HSU. When we ran out of crackers the ducks got vicious and "attacked" us. The funny thing about these ducks is that they would only chase you until the grass ended. It was like a concrete duck force feild, so we headed for the road. Now these ducks didn't really hurt you, but the kids were about the same height as these ducks - especially not yet 2 Jonathan and they were FREAKING out! As we walked on past the duck pond Kaitlin grasped her chest and said, "Oh mommie. What would we have done if they had nibbled us until we were nothing but blood and bones in the grass?" It was at that moment that I said, "she'll write some day." I'd like to scan in her most recent book. It's about a dinosaur who is also a painter;).

Friday night was the GA sleepover. 24 girls, 3 women. We all survived! I am glad this is an annual thing. The best part about it for me was the other 2 women I am working with. They are turning out to be real treasures. I won't say their ages;), but one is my mother's age and the other is my grandmother's age. They both hung with the best of 'em until 4:00 a.m. They are really a blessing to these girls! I'm blessed to be getting to know them.

No comments: