Sunday, March 16, 2008

Karate

As of Saturday, March 15, 2008 Charles and I are officially yellow belts:) Our belts and certificates should be in about a week from now, and I'll try to remember to post pictures.

How is karate going?

Charles - This is something he has wanted to do since childhood - there's a lot to be said for fulfilling a childhood dream. He's a natural, and he's doing really well. He goes at least twice a week, because he is also doing grappling (read - rolls around in the floor with other guys). He's really getting a good work out with this.
Me - I am enjoying this much more than I expected to. I can't believe I just had my first belt test (early at that) and actually passed. The kids and I only go once a week, and I am sore after every lesson! Honestly it is a little like dance - memorizing movements, etc - and I like that about it.
Jonathan - He really enjoys karate. He actually talks to his teacher (those who know him know what a big deal that is) and he looks so cute in his little white uniform.
Kaitlin - Well, I'll tell you this - the child is not used to having to really try. Things just come easily to her. This concept of having to practice during the week to know it by next time is a brand new deal to her - and so far she isn't totally keen on that. Both the kids really enjoy working with nun chucks.

No comments: