Sunday, April 13, 2008

Woo hooo - I made it through the week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
2 tests (both a 96 oddly enough) and 2 projects turned in along with GT, GA, rehearsal, book fair and many other odds and ends. Yippee!
I have to register for Summer and Fall classes later this month. I will be very glad for a little break between this semester and Summer I. I am READY! I have 4 semesters left (if I go full force in the summers), then I will go one of two routes (choose your own adventure if you will)...I can do something like I Teach Texas to get my teacher certification (I am too far from the school for traditional student teaching) or I can go straight into my masters degree and get my teachers cert after that. Either way, I want to get my masters in one of two adventures....elementary ed focusing in early literacy or library science (I would love to be a librarian for an elementary school, and in Texas the latter degree is required.)

Pray for guidance in this school business. My degree is 127 hours. I already have about 130 and I still have 4 semesters to go - figure that out and you can see there are a lot of hard earned hours not counting for a hill of beans! I have 16 hours of spanish. I wish I could sell this stuff on ebay. 16 hours of unused college level spanish. I'll start the bid at $1000 to cover tuition, books, fees and hours studied! 16 hours of unused psychology including abnormal psych! I could go on, but now I am depressed!

3 comments:

TSRH said...

Ld

Hang in there!

Ole dad had 161 undergrad hours in order to have 120 for the degree. My work was spread over such a long time frame (1968-88)that I had to retake a few courses to regain "currency". I lumped together undergrad hours from five different colleges and so like you, had courses that became throw aways.

The good news: When you finish it will all feel worth it and you will be rightfully proud of yourself.

You go girl

TSRH said...

Ld

I spent 20 years (1968-88) and 161 hours at five colleges (all done at night while working) to get my undergrad.

You are doing great and way ahead of Dad.

You go girl!

Rebecca said...

Jason lost a ton of credits going back and forth between ETBU and CBU and ETBU again. AND he changed his major in his senior year. But it was worth it. Now he has the degree he needs to put food on the table, as well as the Bible knowledge to use in ministry and life in general. It all gets used eventually. ;)