Saturday, June 7, 2008

Frog Hunting




It rained - that obviously means frogs will be out and about! What - that isn't the first thing you think after a good rain?
We actually had a tornado touch down less than a mile from our house Thursday. We feel very blessed to have been missed. It took down a few telephone poles and damaged some homes, but it mostly went through fields.
VBS was successful...the van is still overheating (pictures of that to come)...I haven't blogged much lately, and I'm sure you needed a picture fix.
I've had a lot of people ask me how I'm doing lately. Some are just making conversation, but others turn their head to the side and pat me on the shoulder as they say it. To my blog readers that have that look on their face and are wondering how I am doing:
I'm ok. Tomorrow is my first Sunday back at church. Last Sunday we missed because Kaitlin was so sick. I dread all the pats and hugs and concerned people. I know that sounds terrible. I am so thankful for such a loving church family who I know have been praying me through the last two weeks. I just feel like this has all been drawn out so long...the repeated blood tests and crappy doctor's office (which I fired), waiting 2 weeks to face my church family...
I know you have been concerned, and I just wanted to address it. I don't know when I will feel normal. I don't know when certain things will stop making me sad. I don't know when I will want to talk about it. Thank you for your prayers.
Other things to pray for:
1. Charles is thinking of getting a second job for get out of debt purposes (think Dave Ramsey 6 month type deal.)
2. Our van is still overheating. Charles has changed the thermometer thingy and replaced a leaking hose. Now he is trying to get the radiator out. Our van is in pieces outside.
3. I need to get my dang house clean. May seem like an odd prayer request - but nothing is normal now and hasn't been for a month.

1 comment:

CDJ said...

No. 1,2,3.....done.
Thank You, Jesus.
(Faith and positive thinking aside, I'm not getting a good vibe from those van pix...the front bumper? he had to take that off, why?) I hope you'll post a follow-up photo so I can sleep easier.
I love you.