Wednesday, June 11, 2008

OK, Lows First
  1. Our van was towed to the shop today - along with a baggie of leftover bolts and parts. The mechanic told me to wish him luck. I did not take that as a good sign!
  2. Our vacume cleaner blew up. It has been making a burning smell when I run it. I've taken it apart and put it back together several times over the last year. Yesterday I vacumed for about 3 minutes before SMOKE started coming out of the bottom.
  3. The bills are coming in for lab visits and doctor and ER - that sucks
  4. Kaitlin had to go back to the dentist today to have the first half of cavity stuff done - our part is around $300. I was supposed to go with them and hang out at Targ*t to finally get that new swim suit I've been saving my allowance for and now I have a gift card to get a purse to replace my sad most favorite purse that broke - but alas - there were so many dishes I felt like I needed to stay here. Charles had to go, because of the whacko car situation.
  5. It is less than a month till vacation and we have got to get this vehicle situation under control!

Now Highs

  1. I got a present in the mail from my Julie yesterday! First of all - a present in the mail is one of my FAVORITE things. I adore wrapped presents - and these were all polka dot and hot pink and had little cards. Secondly, no one knows how to get me presents like Julie - NO ONE. She gets me the bestest stuff and I just cried and smiled and cried and planned to go to Targ*t with my new gift card.
  2. I got all the dishes done today - really. The rest of the house isn't clean, but ALL the dishes are done - for the moment.
  3. It is less than a month until vacation, and I am so PAST ready to see my fam! This month has been especially difficult. I want my family and I want to get away from my house!

Thank you God for Julie and polka dot wrapping paper with the most wonderful little gifts. Thank you for silver linings and for barely getting by. Thank you for Jessica S. who is so very worthy - she is such an incredible mom, she sews and makes incredible edible creations and holds more things together than I can say grace over. Thank you for Cari who You gifted with the power of encouragement through words. She makes me believe I can be a better mom, and she helps me out more than she'll ever know. Thank you for Mandy and her constant willingness to chat - in all kinds of emotional weather. Thank you for Connie - who has been my friend and my Rotan Mom! Thank you for my husband who must handle me when I am the most fragile. Thank you for my children who can make me happy just by sitting and watching them play slip and slide in the yard. Lord I know that you will provide for all of our needs. I'm not worried - and I am so thankful.