Thursday, July 24, 2008

Glasses

Well, I took the kids for their annual eye exam today.
Dr. - Are they having any problems that caused you to bring them in.
Me - I have -8.75
Dr. - Woah! Let's check them out.

Later the Dr said, "Well, the only thing they have against them is that you are their mother." (I don't think that came out right). He followed with, "I'm sure there are some pros to that as well. (I hope so). Turns out there is a good chance K will be as blind as her mama (again - my mini me). The doctor expects her eyes to get progressively worse as mine did. Jonathan has a slight stigmatism, but it could correct itself - no worries for now. (Hope at least one of 'em gets their Daddy's 20/20).

For now, Kaitlin is pumped that she gets glasses. We are going to scout out frames tomorrow. I was too exhausted and ready to get home today. I'm sure it will be a while before they are in, but we will post pics when she gets them.

Next Thursday (week from today) we are going to pick up our nephew, Nathan for a 2 week visit. All who have been keeping up with this saga know that things aren't going very well on that front (I don't generally post anything too specific for obvious reasons.) Please pray for all involved and that he will experience a loving Christian home during his time here. I pray for him to experience peace here and in our church and know that it is a peace that is a fruit of the Spirit that can ONLY come from the Spirit of our savior. Pray for Charles and I (and the kids) to remain united in mind and spirit over the coming weeks. We are in a mentally exhausting season of life and boy does it make the fuses shorter!

No comments: