Saturday, July 19, 2008

The Joy of my little girl

I am so far behind on blogging. We had a great week last week. Kaitlin has been going to GT camp studying ancient Egypt. I was able to spend several mornings last week sipping lattes at the college coffee shop, reading Breaking Free by Beth Moore (finally) and crocheting a blanket for my sister's baby (coming in December) by the duck pond under a lovely shade tree! How nice is that. I have some lovely insights on peace that I hope to write a separate blog about when I have the time.
Thursday after camp (which gets out about 12:15 every day), Kaitlin and I had lunch together at the coffee shop. My little mini-me had a chocolate coffee ice drink with a turkey wrap with cucumber and alfalfa sprouts;) Then she wanted to go clothes shopping for fun. I asked her if she was actually old enough to want to do that for fun - she said, "yes." That's too old. We had such a good time together. But I have to say, my favorite part of it was looking across at my big seven year old at the coffee shop and realizing, "you know - I've always thought this kids was pretty amazing, but I just love who she is becoming." She is simply a joy to be with, and I truly treasure her so much.
As I was blogging this touching moment - Kaitlin came up to me with a WAD of gum stuck in her hair. Apparently it flew out of Jon's mouth - right into her hair and in an attempt to get it out herself - it got seriously stuck. I am pleased to say that it was at the bottom and that I was planning on getting her a trim in the next few weeks, but there is now a slight hunk missing from her long blond locks!
She is in the process of planning her birthday party. She has always planned her parties waaaaay in advance. I have probably blogged before about the way she started planning her 3 year old party the week of her 2 year old party and has continued that tradition since. Every other year has been easy to plan, but this year's theme is trickier (to me). FROGS - her love. Turquoise frogs. I am thinking of making it a sundae party with a candy buffet - sugar high party? Maybe leap frog and potato sack races (hopping) and we could resurrect the kiss the frog game? Has anyone ever thrown a girls frog party? Also, I think it just gets harder as girls get older.

1 comment:

Wendy M said...

:) Fun blog. It made me smile.