Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Kaitlin's First Day Back








We have had so much precious support for Kaitlin. Yesterday she received two very sweet cards from church members and a new backpack (the drawstring kind required for second grade this year) and a balloon from Ms. Park (her teacher last year that has become very special to us). Her teacher (for this year) called yesterday to check in on her. I know she was so glad to finally get to go to second grade today.
Dropping both kids off this morning was very sad for mama. I'm so proud of my babies - but they both seemed so big this morning. I mean just look at these pictures! I am counting down until time to go pick them up.
Oh, and I wanted to add that this outfit is totally Kaitlin. Kinder and First grade I chose her outfit, accessories, hairstyle, shoes. This year it is 100% K designed from the hair cut to the shoes. It isn't what I would have picked, but I adore it because it is so "her"! As I walked her into school this morning I took her hand and she took it back. I guess second graders do not need to hold mommie's hand as they walk into school. All kinds of growing up. ((quiet sobs here))

2 comments:

Mandy said...

I'm so glad to see her up and about! I adore the outfit too! You are right- its totally her! :D

Rebecca said...

Jonah (age 5): Whoa. Who's THAT? She's really pretty! Someday, could we live in a house near her house?

:)

I'm so glad the sick days are finally over and things are settling back into normal for you. (Whatever normal there can be!) How come they have to have the stringy backpacks?