Tuesday, February 3, 2009

What's Cookin'

I have this memory of my Aunt Sherry (not known for her singing) at the VFW once when I was little singing:
"Hey Good Lookin'. What ya got cookin'? How's about cookin' something up with me!"
That's all she sang. Then she offered to sing it backwards and turned around and sang it again.
This was her way of announcing who was singing next and an attempt to be funny.
Random memory - but the title of this post made me think of it.

Anway - I'm trying to be so good. Eating out is our downfall! It is unhealthy (as it is usually DQ) and terribly hard on the pocket book. So this week I am going to attempt to blog what we actually eat for supper. I may sometimes tell you what the plan was and what actually happened as they are so often different. Not one night should be "we went out to eat". Ah - accountability

So: Monday....Sloppy Joes, corn on the cob, ceaser salad, blackberries
The plan for Tuesday (tonight): Fried chicken, mashed potatoes, baked beans, nectarine
(Now you will know when I post after supper whether or not the plan worked).

1 comment:

Jillian Kay said...

Yum! i wish i could cook or had anytime whatsoever!