Tuesday, May 19, 2009

For Kaitlin

Kait

When you fall asleep at night and I go into your room and put my hand on your head and pray over you and you don’t even know – I thank God for you.

When I see you being a good sister – I thank God for you.

When I read your poems and stories – I thank God for you.

When I hear you laugh because you think something is very funny – I thank God for you and for your laugh.

When we get to have lunch at Dairy Queen and you tell me your thoughts, feelings and secrets – I thank God for you and for who you are.

When I see you dance – I thank God for you and for how healthy and happy you are.

When I watch you walk into the school – so big – so close to third grade – I think how much I love you and how much you are growing up and - I thank God for you.

When I catch you reading late at night – I thank God for you and for your love of reading and for your giant imagination.

When you snuggle up to me at a baseball game and hold my hand – I thank God for you and I treasure that time with you.

When I hear you sing at church, it almost makes me cry, because it is so beautiful. You are worshipping God in such a special way and blessing our hearts – I thank God for you and the talent He has given you.

When you tell me your highs and lows at dinner – I thank God for you.

But please know that I also thank God at other times:

When you can’t figure out your math at school or at home – I thank God for you.

When we argue about your hair before school - I thank God for you.

When you are in trouble at school – I thank God for you.

When your room is a pig sty – I love you for your creativity and thank God for you.

When I seem the most frustrated with you while you are growing up – I am thanking God for you and thankful for every day I have with you.

1 comment:

CDJ said...

I needed to read this. You are a blessing!

(I'm high speed, so I think our virtual relationship is going to really take off toward enhancement and enrichment now, baby! :)