Thursday, September 16, 2010

Prayer at the Lunch Table

Jonathan so often takes me by surprise. Today he told me that he has started leading prayer at his lunch table. This little first grade guy asked the "guys" that he sits with at lunch if they'd like to start praying before they eat. He said only 2 others wanted to, but they have been doing it for a few days now. He said one of the lunch monitors noticed and said, "I like that you pray before you eat." Way to stand out for Christ, Jon!
He said, "I also told them the story of how Jesus went on the cross. I might also tell them about the red sea."
A friend's son drew a picture of our Savior on the cross and told her she should post it on facebook - which she did (and blessed me very much). No wonder we are to come to Him like a child. I feel like I am learning more and more what that means.

No comments: