Friday, June 22, 2007

Can You Say Heart Attack?

(Such bravery! Get him baby! Save us all!)
(Ouch! The Snake Hunter Strikes!)
(Please excuse my darling's silly face. Can he never be normal in pictures? Ha Ha)
So first the mini heart attack in this story (more just thankfulness that my children were not outside this morning)
Charles was on the phone with a church member discussing the upcoming youth trip when i hear him say, "call you back i've gotta kill a snake!" and sure enough a rattler was eeeking across the parking lot with two black birds following it. So he grabbed his hoe and smashed off his head! Being a city girl I of course ran to get my camera. I was thinking, I will blog this. My family will want to see my big strong man kill a rattle snake in his flip flops!
So, I take a few distant pictures (I'm not dumb) and in my camera I notice 2 black flecks! Oh no! My brand new lens (here comes the larger heart attack!) Is there something on my brand new very expensive wonderful lens? I gently clean it. I blow on it. I see nothing. What is this horrible cursed spot???? Then I realize - what if it isn't the lens and I scratch the lens in all this hullaballooo!!! So I put on another lens - black spot!!!! It's the camera! Then I try to take a picture, no autofocus! I try manual - no picture only ERR on the back. That means Error folks!

So, here are the blessings (because we must rejoice and be glad it in and today that is easier than some days). My children were not very "responsible" outside yesterday and lost their morning outside privileges - meaning that they were nowhere near the rattle snake! Also, my husband (who bought me the camera) was smart enough to purchase the 4 year warranty - which means that hopefully this camera loss will only be temporary, and as he pointed out - I have no appointments and the wedding isn't next weekend!

Sigh and take a breath! Here are some pictures. (The cameras dying words if you will). The pictures may not be pretty, but how could I not post the final testament of my dear camera. You know Charles just asked me the other day if my camera had a name. I said, "Chuck"! So good-bye Chuckie Camera. I have loved you dearly. You will be replaced!

No comments: