Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Painted Toast




My mom found a great idea in a magazine for painted toast. I woke the kids up for breakfast where they found paint, paintbrushes and bread. COOL MOM!!!
All it takes is 1/4 cup milk with 15 drops of food coloring (per color) and a few paintbrushes. Then let your kiddo paint their bread as much as they want and pop it in the toaster. Then they get to eat their yummy design. My kids actually ate dry toast this morning. It was really fun and worked very well. Also, you can paint both sides of the bread. We even painted our bread for lunch and had PB&J's on toast!

Also, it has come to my attention that some of you don't know about bloglines. It's a great site where you can check on all the blogs you watch at once to see if any have new updates. Trust me - you will LOVE this site if you are a blog follower. It saves a lot of time! www.bloglines.com

Van news - they did not replace the transmission. They just did some work on it and we now have it back. I know this sounds terribly pessimistic, but I'm a little nervous about this patch job. We are taking our youth group to Dallas at the end of this month. A broken down van full of youth in the middle of downtown Dallas???? Scarey thought. I will try to be positive. Ha ha.

Lastly, we are doing some ocean things this week. My friend Erin (a wonderful super teacher) recommended the book "One is a Snail, Ten is a Crab" to us and it is a must read, must get counting book! Put it on your list!

1 comment:

Jillian Kay said...

how cute!! that's a great idea!