Thursday, September 6, 2007

Something to Ponder



This mornings Yahoo Headline caught my attention. The key word "Dinosaurs" jumped out at me. I've always loved dinosaurs! I'll read any article that pops up about these mysterious reptile creatures of long ago! And an article assuring me of the reason for their demise was a sure clicker! Their newest theory makes very good sense, and they even rate it with 90% accuracy. You can read about it here.


But what really stopped me this morning was the last sentence of the article:


"Was humanity inevitable? Or is humanity just something that happened to arise because of this sequence of events that took place at just the right time. It's hard to say."




If you are breathing, surely you have spent time thinking over this question. Even if you were raised in church and you were born to parents who lifted you in the air and said, "I thank the God that created you, Baby!", you have still probably pondered this question. Ask my PKs "Who made the world?" - "God did!" They will reply ever so quickly and with total confidence. Ask my PKs who made the sun, moon, flowers, trees, children......... They have the answer down. It has been drilled into them since birth. But somewhere between childhood and adulthood the inner part of us called doubt sprouts and makes us less sure of what we hope for and less sure of the unseen. Its the doubt that robs our hope and makes us grow weary in our steps.


The same God who created the dinosaurs created ME! (Wow - that's pretty cool!) The wonder and amazement that I feel when I see dinosaur bones or even a dinosaur footprint should be there everyday when I look in the mirror. I am fearfully and wonderfully made by the God of the Universe. Psalm 139


Here's the catch. I can't prove it to you. There are books and books and books on this stuff - so for this morning I'm not going to add my blog to that list. I understand your doubts. Were we put here by accident? Do we have a purpose? As much as I would like to give you all of life's answers, I can't even begin. But in love, I want to reach out to you and say - God is big enough to handle your doubt. Take it to him. Don't give up the search. Keep reading, keep praying, keep reaching.


Indescribable images burst into my mind when I read Genesis. To imagine still waters suddenly filled with life. To imagine emptiness and chaos suddenly turned to order. To imagine darkness turning to light. *Stopping as I type and realize* That is quite possibly my best proof. I believe in a God who turns darkness into light, because He did it for me - little me- personally and in a very real way! Hmmm, not very scientific maybe (oh how I love tangible evidence), but it is oh so real in my life!


Well I hate to give you this terribly wordy blog without pictures, so let's see what I can come up with...Ah, this little guy seems to have loads of personality!



No comments: