Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Birthday Morning




Yesterday Kaitlin informed me that we have a tradition in our family where we open one present on the night before our birthday! Apparantly we have "Birthday Eve" around here. Last year she got to do this - so sure - it's a tradition. (I'm such a sucker!) Last night she got to open her new dry erase board with pink dry erase markers for her room. She was thrilled. This morning she opened a new Junie B. Jones book (one of the few missing from our collection), Junie B. Jones Aloha-ha. She said, "Now I have this at my actual house!" I laughed b/c that was such a "Junie B." thing to say.
At breakfast she got sang to by the whole elementary (something they do for all birthdays at her school). I took her out to lunch today where she got a new bracelet and found out she shares a birthday with a woman that turned 80 years old today, so that was special.
This afternoon I'm going to take cookies and juice to her classroom for an afternoon birthday snack. She also got a pink princess balloon boquet at school today.
Tonight we are having her favoritest thing to eat- shrimp! And when I get home from work (if she doesn't explode first) she gets to open her presents! What a big day!

No comments: