Saturday, February 16, 2008



Can you believe I took no Valentine's pictures? I didn't even take a camera to Kaitlin's class party. I am so consumed with school right now - that I must be loosing my mind. Oh well! Kaitlin looked precious in her little red and white striped shirt with hearts. Kaitlin and Jonathan each woke up to Valentine's Present Joy. Kaitlin had a frog filled with goodies and a big pink castle balloon with a frog prince on one side (all puckered up) and a real prince on the other side. She has become a frog finatic lately, so it was just right for her. Jonathan got the biggest can of cheesey balls you've ever seen, and it was just right for him! Lots of love.


Several of my friends (most with more eloquent writing skills than myself) wrote blogs about the love in their life. Obviously, I didn't even blog on Valentine's Day!


However, I feel like I have to pay some sort of small tribute to all the love in my life (even if it is days later). I've decided to list a few things that make me feel loved:


1. When my husband turns up the music and asks me to dance in our living room - ah cheek to cheek - I love it.


2. The way Jonathan gets as close as possible when we read together. He will have his cheeck on my cheek or his arm around me - anything to get super close and snuggly! I love that.


3. The way Kaitlin still wants to crawl in my lap and tell me all her best secrets. I hope she always does that.

4. When I realize that my mom has just listened to me talk about nothing for 30 minutes. I'm so glad she bought a hands free attatchment for her phone.

5. When people leave me sweet blog comments. (hint hint...ha ha)





I hope that in some small way, everyday, I am showing the love of Christ to those around me. I am so dearly loved by God. I hope that I pour out on those around me. I hope I encourage you and show you grace and in general help you out whenever I can... because God has done that for me. Now that is love. I pray for love so big in me that it leaves no room for malice.
Oh, and don't you just adore the Valentine's card at the top! I found it online and just fell in love with it. Happy late Valentine's Day everyone.

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

Well, you certainly were a help to me. I always felt guilty because it seemed like I never helped you as much as you helped me. But mostly I was just happy to finally have a friend in East Texas. It was a sad, lonely place before you came along. :) And who else could I secretly give mismatched satin underwear to?

Love,
your crazy Californian friend

TSRH said...

Lisa

Your blogs are always incredibly funny, insightful, and well written. They give me a sense of how things are in your world at the moment and a chance to share in the many blessing provided by your family. Keep on, keeping on cause you do it so well!

Daddy :-)