Saturday, February 16, 2008

A good song

I am currently enjoying "Song of Hope" by Robby Seay Band. Check it out.
Also, is anyone else trying to figure out how to get their kids to do things without having to nag all the time. Pick up this, pick up that. I'm so tired of asking people to clean up after themselves. I can't be alone here! I don't know whether the mess or the nagging is worse. Why is there toothpaste on the floor and on the back of your head? Why are there 8 pillows in the living room floor? Why is there a power ranger mask over the lamp? Why is your library book in the laundry basket? Did you even wear this? If not, then why am I washing it again? Why are there cheetos on the bottom of my feet now? What is this that is wet? Do you know where the trashcan is? Well now the dog has chewed it up, because you left it outside! I don't care if it was a craft - it is now a mess. It should not take an entire bottle of hand soap and 56 gallons of water to wash your hands!!!
Anyway, I really believe that if I can find more ways to encourage the kids (especially Kait) to do more without the nagging, it will do a lot to help our relationship in the future. I'm big on choosing my battles. I think I'm trying to re-evaluate some of the battles I have chosen. For one thing, my daughter is a pack rat - I'm pretty sure she always will be. My trash is her treasure. She will be great for the environment, I think.
Advice? Just identify with me? Ever find toothpaste on the back of your kids head?
I'm going to play "Song of Hope" again!

1 comment:

CDJ said...

I'm feelin' ya dog! I have two towels that hang in the hall/guest bathroom JUST FOR LOOKS. They serve no purpose, but I have to wash them CONSTANTLY due to the discovery of foreign substances that range from red-hot toothpaste to [who-knows-what]. If you learn how NOT to nag, let me know... I need to copy your notes. Miss you!