Thursday, February 21, 2008

Confession

Jonathan has been sick since Sunday night...running fever only at night and coughing. During the day, he's usually ok (except for the nasty cough). Well yesterday he did well, slept through the night for the first time in a long while last night, had a good day today, was in a great mood.......so I decided to give in and say that he and Kait could go to Karate tonight.
All these two have talked about all week long is karate. That little guy has spent hours wearing his new boxing gloves and twirling his nun chucks and tonight was their first time to have uniforms. I thought I was just a sucker, but turns out I am also a terrible mother! Jonathan did well through my class (which is before theirs), but he didn't make it through his. He started crying about 15 minutes before it was over (just teared up holding his little silver nun chucks). By the time I got him home (an hour and 15 minute drive), he had 103.6 and says he "can't breathe". I suck.
He's had motrin, a bath and is now taking a dose of Bob the Builder. Tomorrow is pencil awards and my day to read in the library - so I will also suck by missing those things.
Man, I feel horrible. My poor little guy. I think I might feel better if someone kicked me right now!

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

Well, you guys had a long, sad week. I'm glad you got a little bit of sleep, even if it meant poor nutrition for your poor, starving children. :)