Thursday, June 26, 2008

How to Drive a Baptist to Play the Lottery - 101

We got a $1000 bill for Kaitlin's teeth today!!!! Say what??? This was covered by insurance - apparently not! Long story, but now we have one more thing to add to the pile. Please excuse the last months "life is crap" theme that this blog seems to have taken. I know my loving readers are not accustomed to such, but bear with us!
We are now paying school bills (on credit) for hours that will count toward nothing, student loans for C who is now out of school, karate which we cannot afford gas to go to and obviously the van and car troubles don't help (and we have tried getting out of this - still trying...anyone ever gotten out of a gym commitment? if so...HELP), hospital bills that seem to come daily right now (one was even $2.20 - just spot us the 20 cents?), needing a new vaccume (yes, the other one is now in the dumpster), a $1000 teeth bill for my daughter, my braces............
I know this doesn't seem like much to all of you guys, but I ask for prayer for these things regarding all of the above:
1. That Charles and I will not become enemies or play the blame game (when there is no blame to be laid here.)
2. That I will not be a nag (since mostly ladies read my blog, you will get this.)
3. That we will trust in God to provide now as he always has.
4. That God will continue to guide us through our part of getting through this. I will sub in fall. Charles is going to write SS literature, etc.
5. Off the subject and I don't know details, but the S. family is about to adopt/bring home a brand new baby girl. Please pray for them.
6. For God's guidance in our future plans (post Charles' graduating with his MDiv)

I feel like so much has been taken away this month. Our sweet baby that I already miss so much - even though we never got to meet. My plans of graduating from SFA with a teaching degree (and doing post bacc cert). The time I took away from my family for classes that probably aren't going to count toward anything. I am just struggling through here....

But know this - God is good ALL THE TIME. Let me tell you about me and my Heavenly Father! We go waaaaaaay back. He and I go back to the days that Charles and I made no money and lived in a paper sack on the side of the road and ate ferns (or something like that). He and I go waaaay back to when I bled for 18 months straight and half my hair fell out and I weighed 109 pounds and I could barely get up in the morning. He and I go waaaaay back to so many "I don't know how we'll make it" times. God and I have a history together. I know Him. I trust Him. I am not afraid. Frustrated!!!! but not afraid. For I know my God has plans for us that will work to His glory - and I am ok with that! I will praise Him even now, because I know that He will not let the oil in our lamp burn out. I will praise the Father who has promised never to leave me or forsake me - and He has kept that promise. God is good ALL THE TIME. All the time GOD IS GOOD.

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

This may be the california talking, but if you have that in writing-- e-mail, even-- that they said you could do the student teaching post-bac, then there's no way they can deny you that now, no matter how the policy changed since then. That would be fraud. And illegal. And sue-able. Which probably doesn't really help or make you feel any better. But I'm miffed. And apparently a little litigious.

Anyway, I'm praying for you. And I love you. And I totally understand the mile-deep dark overwhelmed feeling. And I hope so much that it's better soon and that you look back on this and say, wow that was miraculous.

CDJ said...

Lottery? I'm thinkin' drinkin' :)

As I read, I'm thinking that I've had money troubles, collegiate credit issues (don't get Philip started) vaccuum issues, broken vehicles, unanticipated dental/medical bills and a miscarriage. I just didn't face them in the same month. You are much more woman than I, and you are gonna make it through this!

Thanks for being open about your struggles. I'll be praying/thinking of how I can help... feel free to chime in and point me in the right direction :)

Dear Father, thank you for Lisa. Thank You for lovingly creating her and promising to provide for her every need. Gather her family up in Your safe, strong arms. Keep them and bathe them in Your love and mercy. Thank You for times in life where we have no alternative but to totally depend on You. Help us rely on You even when we have alternatives. Your ways are higher! Bless this home with Your presence. We love you, Father God.