Saturday, January 10, 2009

BBQ Shrimp

I got this recipe from my sister. It is something I used as a big reward every May when Charles finished another year of school. We haven't had it in quite sometime. But I do know someone who is about to turn 30 and might enjoy something as special as this!! I've been meaning to type up this recipe which has been on two ragged post it note pages for the last few years. It is truly the most amazing shrimp ever - and I am not a seafood fan!

BBQ Shrimp
3 Slices of Bacon (chopped)
½ lb margarine
2 tbs Dijon mustard
1 ½ tsp chili powder
¼ tsp basil
¼ tsp thyme
1 tsp black pepper
½ tsp oregano
2 Cloves garlic
2 tbsp “crab boil”
½ tsp tobassco
1 ½ lbs of fresh shrimp in the shell
Heat oven to 375*. Fry bacon until clear and add all ingredients (except shrimp). Simmer 5 minutes. Place shrimp in a single layer on an open baking dish. Pour sauce over shrimp with shells on. Stir twice. Bake 20 minutes in the shells until all shrimp is pink.

No comments: