Sunday, May 2, 2010

Twas the Week Before Jack

I feel like I should write a little poem called "Twas the Week Before Jack" in the style of "Twas the Night Before Christmas" Instead of hanging stockings and mistletoe to prepare for Christmas time, we are getting out diapers and putting together changing tables. It reminds me of the spirit of Christmas time when you can't help but sing familiar carols only Charles and I both keep singing lullabies and our favorite baby songs. Its the way the lights of the tree make you smile at night on your way to bed - only its tiny newborn diapers set out waiting for little baby ..um..presents;)
Charles is giddy and incredibly attentive. He sings to my belly, brings me food, tells me how great I will do Friday (labor day is so near), promises to be on his A game during labor and for the following weeks (as if I had any doubts of that). He picks up one of those newborn diapers nearly every time he passes the new changing table (by the crib in our room) and can't help but gush in baby talk about the "little bitty baby" that will soon be here.
In just a few short days we will be memorizing his new and precious face. We are all anxious to see who he will look like! In just a few short days our family will be complete - Five.
Now back to making my lists and checking them twice ( what to pack, what to get done, what to finish at work, etc).

No comments: