Thursday, September 23, 2010

Feeling Old

I'm feeling old today.
Taking coumadin and learning about stroke education makes me feel old.
Having high cholesterol makes me feel old.
Loosing my hair and finding a bald spot make me feel old.
Needing to go to the chiropractor because my old hip is acting up makes me feel old (it just acts up since I had all the problems with my legs last year.)
Needing coffee to become a real live person in the morning makes me feel old.

Luckily
I have a husband who is a kid at heart and rides by on a skate board and whistles at me and tells me I'm sexy today.
I have a daughter who still wants me to get in the floor and paint fingernails and talk about school and boys and "the future".
I have a son who wants me to throw the football with him in the back yard and loves when I run and tickle him to the ground!
I have another son who wants to be lugged around all the time and loves to be held high in the air and brought down again for lots of kisses - that's got to improve these jiggly arms, right?

Also - I saw two of the most amazing butterflies blowing around in the fall breeze today(it IS officially the first day of my favorite season today). And Charles is already in the Christmas spirit. Yesterday I caught him looking at trains to go around a Christmas tree (which he has always always wanted). Can you imagine Jack - right at 8 months old on Christmas Day and a TRAIN! Ha Ha. Charles is already planning presents and putting in Christmas music in the van.

I'm not quite to Christmas yet - In less that three weeks I have a very special 10-10-10 party to put on! How am I ever going to be ready for it???

No comments: