Saturday, May 26, 2007

My New Addiction



So most of you know that "cooking is not my ministry." That is a quotable line from the movie of my life! However, I love all things red and kitchen - especially vintage, red and kitchen. It makes me drool! So here is my latest fantasy and addiction.
My grandmother past away last April and I was given the precious gift of a red pyrex bowl from somewhere around the 50s(I think). It is one of my few treasured items, however my husband loves to use it. I have promised to get him one exactly like it that will not make me HATE him if he breaks it. It's just not worth how upset I would get. His whole, "Grandma Hall would want you to use it" speech just doesn't penetrate!
Anyway, we are in need of tupperware and mixing bowls, and this is what I want! We have just started acquiring kitchen items that aren't from the dollar store this past year and I am loving it (although some great stuff comes from that place, and our best stuff is from garage sales). Since we didn't have the typical bridal shower, etc we have had to build our kitchen verrrryyy sllooowwly (which just makes us appreciate everything that much more).
If these make you drool too, let me know and feel free to share your kitchen fantasies! I also love red depression glass. Although we aren't blood related, I must have inherited my love of depression glass from my grandmother-in-love who has a dreamy collection herself.

1 comment:

Mandy said...

I understand about growing your kitchen slowly- My favorite gift is stuff for my kitchen. :) I'm constantly having to borrow stuff from mom or grandma because I don't have it. I think they are starting to get the hint lol- for Christmas I got a turkey baster, an awesome vintag-y green bundt pan and large cookie sheets. And for mothers day some really really great bright colored nesting mixing bowls. I love them! :)