Monday, May 28, 2007

Wedding Laughter




A friend of mine posted a blog a while back asking for stories of wedding mishaps. Then last night I got to talking with a few women and we started laughing about wedding day problems.
Here's what I posted on my friends site.

“Ah where to begin...ok, I'll choose the cake. Lol. We decided to cut costs by letting a friend of the family decorate the cake. I chose a cake similar to one that she had made for another family member and said, "I want it like this one only with more Christmas time type flowers" (since we got married in December). When the cake arrived (shortly before the wedding) I found not only Christmas type flowers, but also glow in the dark cherub angels and tiny Santa hats perched in among the flowers!!!! My wonderful sister did all she could to remove the offensive, glowing creatures, but the memory (although somewhat tragic at the time) still makes me cackle out loud.”
I just picked one. I could have talked about his brother passing out at the wedding, or the ice storm that took out the power, or that his sister got in a wreck on the way to the wedding, his mother had the flu…I could seriously go on here.
So, tell me some of the worst (and funniest in hind site) things that happened at your wedding! Share your story or if you were at my wedding and have a different funny story - share that.

The reason that my mind is on the wedding track, is that a good friend has asked me to do the photography for her wedding in December. I feel (and am) totally unqualified, but she seems to think I can handle it. I am under-equipped and under-experienced (spell check says those are not words, but you understand). My bestest photographer friend has given me her advice, but any of you that are photographers can chime in as well. I’d love to second shoot for her (so that she can have all the pictures I take to develop as she wishes) but I’m just not sure about being the main gal for this job!

The images here are from her sister's wedding last summer. (Ld Photography)

2 comments:

Jaime said...

Wedding mishaps. I love to hear them! :-)

We were going to have an outdoor reception (to save on clean up and make it acceptable to have plastic and paper instead of glass and silverwear *grin*). It was in April and we knew showers might happen, but we didn't expect WIND! Lots of wind! The trellis fell over and the cake was just barely caught before it blew off the table! We squeezed the reception inside in the back of the sanctuary. It was tight, but still perfect. :-)

Jaime said...

I didn't mean silverwear... I meant silverware. We didn't wear silver... :-)