Monday, May 28, 2007

Pterodactyl Toenails!



We made Dinosaur Delight today while listening to some jazzy dinosaur music. It was so much fun. Here is the recipe so you can try it too! Make sure you prepare all the ingredients before hand in bowls so that the little ones have to wonder if Mom is really feeding them swamp water!

Dinosaur Delight
Need:
1/4C dirt (cocoa)
1/2C swamp water (milk with green food coloring)
2C crushed Pterodactyl toenails (sugar)
1/2C fat (butter)
2C dead grass (uncooked oatmeal)
1/2C squashed bugs (peanut butter)

Mix cocoa & milk. Add sugar and butter. Boil about 3 min. Add peanut butter and oatmeal and stir until melted. Remove from heat and stir until mixture begins to thicken, Drop by tablespoonful onto waxed paper cool, eat and enjoy.

http://www.primarygames.com/science/dinosaurs/dinosaurs.htm
Here is a website that has some dinosaur writing paper and dinosaur coloring pages. It also has a cool dino-facts page to check out!

2 comments:

jessy said...

Welcome back to blogland! You are showing me up with fun summer projects. I'll have to give this one a try, the kids will love it! I'm not sure I could put one of those things in my mouth though. BTW, I don't usually make jam, per se, I'm a jelly person at heart. And I don't have a recipe for that...just add sugar 'till it looks right. Cooking is my "ministry" as you like to say, but in truth, I get all my new recipes from www.recipezaar.com--just type in jam, and you'll get more recipes than you could use in a lifetime.

Jaime said...

I found you through Mandy's blog. Hi! :-)

We make that same recipe (minus the green food coloring and cool names) and I love them! This recipe might make them even cooler! :-) Sounds like fun!