Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Summer Adventures





So what has happened so far this week? Kaitlin started Acting lessons Monday night, and she'll continue those every Monday this summer. She loved them.
Today we dug in a brick for dinosaur bones, then we pieced them together and identified that we indeed had a spinosaurus. This week we have been reading from a book called "Dig It" all about what palentologists do and how they find dinosaur bones. We've also been enjoying a kids CD of dinosaur music and dinosaur snacks and dino games. Kaitlin (who loves the Magic Tree House book series) read Dinosaurs Before Dark. We are just about dinosaured out, my friends! I have loved dinosaurs since I was little, and I would jump at the chance to go on a dig or even to a museum filled with skeletons of dinosaurs! I hope I've passed some of that on to my kids this week.
Today we also found a teeny tiny frog. Summer is indeed an adventure and we are enjoying every minute of it. I am still trying to learn to ride the unicycle. I have no skill or balance. I'll let you know if I ever make it further than 3 feet without braking bones!
Tonight we enjoyed snocones beside the park and now we are off to church. Here a few pictures of what we saw today.

No comments: