Thursday, May 31, 2007

Van Blessings?

Blessings? Well, we had to look for them a few minutes before finding them. On the way home this afternoon, our van died a horrible dripping, crying, smoking death! Our transmission has been "slipping" for a few weeks, so we actually expected a van problem. In fact we had plans to call and get the van an appointment first thing in the morning. Old Bessie just couldn't hang in that long!! About half way home, she started chugging and puffing and smoke started coming out the back. 7 miles before we got home, she died and miraculously restarted in second gear to trudge back toward the car shop where she died right in front of the shop in the street in a major puff of smoke leaving a puddle of transmission fluid and she started sliding backward. Charles leapt out of the van and grabbed on...used his manliness to push and steer the van into a nearby parking spot to await no matter what diagnosis tomorrow morning!
So where are the blessings? Well, Charles is out of school right now (so no commute while we are down to one vehicle), we have the money to fix it (we hope if it isn't more major than we believe), we made it to the car shop (literally died right in front of it), and we had someone to come pick us up - and of course no one was hurt! We do have the car, which also shakes when driven and has no air! But back to the blessings....
My dad is doing well. They decided to keep him another night. They think it may actually be his gallbladder, so they are running more tests. I hope we know more tomorrow, but I think it may be Monday before we find out what the tests reveal. Keep him and my mom in your prayers. This really has been going on for a long time, and we are ready for him to get better. At this point, a diagnosis (such as your gallbladder is bad) would be a blessing. We'll just have to wait and see. I'll keep you posted.
Also, I broke a tooth tonight after getting home from the dentist. Oye. We still have a long way to go in this very expensive mouth of mine. Blessings there? I had a good visit today, and eventually we will get this all taken care of.
Thanks for reading. I don't know why, but I sure do feel better when I put all of this out there!

4 comments:

Jillian Kay said...

yikes! glad everyone was safe, and things aren't as bad as they could be. and i'm sooooo glad to hear your dad is better!!

and hun, if you had no teeth at all, you would still have one of the prettiest smiles, so don't worry too much. :)

jessy said...

Ooooh! Van trouble. I feel your pain.

jessy said...

Oh, I had no idea you had dental problems. I've always thought you had a beautiful smile.

jessy said...

Sorry! One more thing. I've tagged you for a little MeMe. See my blog for assignment.