Thursday, June 28, 2007

Go From Your Room

I worked on Kaitlin's room last night. Since she has been out of school her bedroom has been atrocious! She cleans it (sort of) she wrecks it (over and over again). I finally grew tired of the mess and decided to clean it myself. Here's the catch. I cleaned it, but she is totally grounded FROM her room for four days. She cannot sleep in there; she cannot have any of her toys, books, jewlery, bows, dolls..........you get the idea. I bring one suit of clothes out per day. If she gets that set muddy, wet, etc (a regular occurance) she is stuck with that outfit for the entire day! If I find any of her toys, etc outside of her bedroom - I will put them up in the forbidden bedroom! She has to sleep with brother in his twin bed and deal with him kicking her all night. I'm hoping that gets old QUICK!
Also, after the room got clean I put her brand new bedding on her bed. She doesn't get to enjoy it for the next four days either! She still needs a bookshelf, but her room looks much better with the new comforter.
Also, I wanted to make sure that everyone knows that we are not where it is flooding. They are evacuating a town about two hours away from here, but it doesn't seem to be coming this way. I know many of you are hearing Abilene on the weather, but it isn't as bad as it seems there. I'll post if anything changes. If you live close to the floods - leave me a comment and let me know that you are ok!

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

Hey chica!! I'm so glad you're dry (or at least not submerged) there. I thought about you this morning while I was reading the flood news. And MAN is that girl getting tall! I sure wish you guys lived closer so Jonathan and Jonah could be boys together. All of his friends here are egregiously female. It's sad. But if we move to Austin we won't be too far off. And I have a blog friend in Houston, so we could just hang out somewhere in the middle and have tea!

Jaime said...

I often help the boys clean their rooms; they're getting better, but their idea of clean is not the same as mine. I say I help because they're still young and so I'm still training them in the art of good room cleaning, but I think it's more because I'm a little anal...

I like to hear your creative parenting ideas (or discipline ideas). Keep us updated on whether this good idea works or not. :-)