Sunday, June 10, 2007

School, etc

I am working on my "degree plan" today. Blech. I'm working toward my Bachelor of General Studies. Which basically means that after two more years(about) of hard work I'll have a degree that doesn't do much for me other than allow me to apply for grad school. Does that comment sound discouraging? It is to me! Charles has been in school since I've known him (minus the time out after Kaitlin was born). When he finishes in May of '08 he will have been in school (only counting in school time) longer than a Chiropractor goes to school - only I don't get free adjustments out of the deal! His degree takes 8 years counting undergrad. And get this people - he ain't finished! Yes, the man ( an apparant glutton for punishment) is going on to get his Phd! I can't even get through my measly little BS and he is already looking at Phd programs!
Right now I am just trying to get through Abnormal Psych. (Psychology is my minor) and I am taking my midterm this next week. It is more than obvious who the scholars are in our household. Charles and Kaitlin - keep up the great work. Jonathan and I will concentrate on colors and letter sounds and we'll read about dinosaurs and sea creatures and I will be content to plan meals and clean the house!
I'm not even sure what I want to be when I grow up? Top choice - elementary school librarian which requires (in Texas) a teaching certification and a library science degree. Second choice - kindergarten/first grade, etc. I would love to do photography as well, but as a side job/ministry.
I am the blue engine. I think I can! I think I can! I think I can! I will get up the hill! I will bring the toys and candy to the children on the other side! I will be successful! Chug Chug Chug!!! TOOT TOOT!!!!!! I hear the people cheering!
Now I must go study about gender reassignment surgery!
But first, is anyone out there looking to sell some previously loved SLR Canon camera equipment? There are a few things I am looking for including:
a 20d or 30d body
a 580ex flash
and a wide angle lens.
Who knows? Ebay is too high for me,and I'm too scared of what I will get. I'm willing to barter, although I don't know what I would exchange other than my usual photog barter.

No comments: