Friday, March 5, 2010

Obsessed

I am becoming obsessed with the calendar.
  • 5 days until my next doctor appts
  • 8 days until California
  • Only 2 1/2 weeks after we get back to prepare for book fair (major library event)
  • 8 weeks until I go into the hospital
  • 10 weeks until estimated D-Day (doctor is thinking 38 weeks at the latest which is 10 weeks away, but he may induce at 37 weeks)

I can't seem to keep myself from counting days and weeks - at least I have not resorted to counting minutes and hours!

I have also become obsessed with the clutter that has taken over my house in the last year. Between working full time and being one very sick gal for much of the past year - it has just built up. Its been hard enough to keep up with laundry for 4 busy people - much less do the regular purging and cleaning out that I typically do in a year. At minimum I always do a major clean out before birthdays and Christmas. Obviously I was in the hospital around that time this year, so no clean out.

I feel like I need a week of concentrated at home group effort to get the house organized enough and clean enough to bring a baby home to!!! Not to mention that the baby stuff is already overtaking the house with no organization to speak of. He needs a dresser in the very near future I suppose (not to mention that Jonathan's has needed a new dresser for months because his drawers are falling apart!)

And I won't even start on things like cleaning carpets and baseboards and corners in the ceiling and behind dressers and under beds and back room closets and I think I'm going to hyperventilate here people! I'm seriously near panic attack. But add things like little dribblers, homework, doctor visits and being tired because I'm in my third trimester - and you can see why a little time here and there after work isn't getting all this done.

I just keep thinking when we get back from California...

  • I will be busy getting ready for book fair.
  • I will be 30+ weeks along trying to get ready for book fair and a baby
  • It will be less than 3 weeks until book fair begins (notice the book fair stress)
  • I will be in near panic mode trying to clean, organize and make sure we have what we need before we bring Jack home (remembering that when I go into the hospital there is a chance I won't be coming home without a baby)
  • TAKS will almost be here (and its Kait's first one)
  • I need to have the baby soon enough that I can get back to the office (after hours) to get awards, etc printed before end of year awards programs (that is a BIG deal people)
  • at least when I get back from CA I won't have to worry about flying and how the trip will go!

Also - I got the diaper bag I was so excited about last night. It has pink in it. Small thing, but it kind of took the wind out of my sails a little. So there is some of my stress - I will send it to you. Pray over it and also pray for all the anxieties that are just consuming me at this point of hormonal disturbance!

No comments: